The scientific program will cover the characterisation of extraterrestial matter and the modelling of physical processes in various astrophysical objects and environments, mainly :
1. Solar System bodies and Extrasolar planets :
- Surface and atmosphere, and their coupling : physical and chemical processes
- Space weathering effects on the surface of solid bodies.
- Study of primitive and relevant prebiotic matter
- Planetary interiors : dynamo effect and equation of state of matter under extreme conditions.
2. Stellar environments and InterStellar Medium :
- Physical and chemical processes of Interstellar Medium and circumstellar matter
- Stellar formation, including magnetic field effects
- Stellar disks, shocks and jets
3. Stars and Sun :
- Structure and evolution : nucleosynthesis, equation of state, opacity, instabilities, dynamo
- Atmospheres and corona : magnetic field, reconnection, acceleration
- Space plasmas, a multi scale system: from fluid to kinetic processes
4. Compact objects and high energy processes :
- Nuclear reactions in astrophysical conditions,
- Particle acceleration, cosmic rays,
- Matter in extreme conditions.